Hi! Why can't we upload .ogg files? User:NCurse form hungarian Uncyclopedia...
- It looks like .ogg is a valid filetype but that filesize is being limited to two megabytes per uploaded file. --Carlb 19:20, 29 July 2006 (EDT)
I´m admin of cs:Necyklopedie. I try to order Commons. If I have rights of admin even here, it ´ll be better. It will make my work easier. I want to make it more useful for people.
Carlb, congratulations & our gratitude for the new server and also congratulations for the appearance of the 500th article in the Oncyclopedia Neerlandica. I hereby send you the truckload of delicious Dutch apple pie I promised you. Don't eat them all at once! D. G. Neree 11:32, 24 May 2007 (UTC)
Please see work hereof honest worker. User:くぎり. Hundreds of categorization. Honest work. Need good administrator.
Shall I small problem on Wikia cs:Necyklopedie. I am bureaucrat. Need take away administrator law inactive administrators. Technically me it is not admissible. You can at it have a look? Thank you. --Ervinpospisil 22:57, 10 December 2007 (UTC)
- Because you are on Wikia, you will need someone on Wikia staff to intervene if you intend to remove a privilege or issue certain flags (such as 'bot'). You cannot do this yourself there.
- Adding a new sysop, however, may still be done by bureaucrats. --Carlb 16:48, 14 Dezembro 2007 (UTC)
Hello Carl, I (D. G. Neree can't get logged in with my normal password. Is it possible to get to the password or change it? It's strange because it's the only pasword i use for DGNeree 220.127.116.11 16:35, 21 December 2007 (UTC)
- I've changed it and sent the new one to you as e-mail. --Carlb 16:53, 21 December 2007 (UTC)
Images from oncyclopedie
Oncyclopedie has a lot of pictures that aren't on Uncommons. Is there a way to transport a lot of images at once? Maybe with export/import? Is there a way to see which pictures are not on uncommons? And what happens when images are double, but have a different name? I can look for the pictures at oncy that i scanned myself, but i have no idea where the others came from mostly. D. G. Neree 20:39, 21 December 2007 (UTC)
- I've copied the images list from nl:special:allpages to afbeelding so that you can see what exists here under the same names. Transferring many images at once would likely require something like the image import script that was used to import en:'s image collection to UnCommons. Using special:import would only import the descriptions, not the images themselves.
- I don't have an easy way to find images where the names are different for the same photo, or detect the use of the same name for different images from one wiki to another. --Carlb 21:01, 21 December 2007 (UTC)
& here too :)
& A HAPPY NEW YEAR!¡!
From all the editors at the Oncyclopedia Neerlandica
Hello Carl, There is a Dutch Frontpage: http://commons.uncyclomedia.org/wiki/Hoofdpagina , but the words in the boxes & buttons are in Portuguese. Is there a way to change that (I guess in mediawiki)? And also: i would like to translate some pages in Dutch. How do i go about doing that? Is the language section in different namespaces? And how is this on Uncyclomedia? Is there a babel-section there?
18.104.22.168 21:28, 9 February 2008 (UTC) D. G. Neree 11:39, 10 February 2008 (UTC)
The language for anonymous users is set in one of the MediaWiki configuration files. The possible ways to change language of the MediaWiki interface are:
- Log in and set the language in your preferences
- Use a URL like http://commons.uncyclomedia.org/wiki/Hoofdpagina?uselang=nl to force one page to display in a different language
- Install MediaWiki on another domain (for instance, http://commons.desciclomidia.org for Português) using the same database but different configuration files.
At the moment, Babel: is not a separate namespace on either Commons or Meta, as Meta has relatively little "content" and Commons is mostly images. The Main Page is translated to Hoofdpagina as just another page in the main namespace.
Would it be worth creating a MediaWiki extension to be able to change automatically to ?uselang=nl on a per-page or per-namespace basis for anonymous users? --Carlb 16:57, 10 February 2008 (UTC)
Thank you for reverting the deletion of my . Without it my signature would just look naked. Having it up here makes it easier for me to work with multiple uncyclopedias, since I don't have to upload the heart separately everywhere. Huge thanks again. Luverly - (Contribs) (Talk) 01:23, 10 Mar