Hi! Why can't we upload .ogg files? User:NCurse form hungarian Uncyclopedia...
- It looks like .ogg is a valid filetype but that filesize is being limited to two megabytes per uploaded file. --Carlb 19:20, 29 July 2006 (EDT)
I´m admin of cs:Necyklopedie. I try to order Commons. If I have rights of admin even here, it ´ll be better. It will make my work easier. I want to make it more useful for people.
Carlb, congratulations & our gratitude for the new server and also congratulations for the appearance of the 500th article in the Oncyclopedia Neerlandica. I hereby send you the truckload of delicious Dutch apple pie I promised you. Don't eat them all at once! D. G. Neree 11:32, 24 May 2007 (UTC)
Please see work hereof honest worker. User:くぎり. Hundreds of categorization. Honest work. Need good administrator.
Shall I small problem on Wikia cs:Necyklopedie. I am bureaucrat. Need take away administrator law inactive administrators. Technically me it is not admissible. You can at it have a look? Thank you. --Ervinpospisil 22:57, 10 December 2007 (UTC)
- Because you are on Wikia, you will need someone on Wikia staff to intervene if you intend to remove a privilege or issue certain flags (such as 'bot'). You cannot do this yourself there.
- Adding a new sysop, however, may still be done by bureaucrats. --Carlb 16:48, 14 Dezembro 2007 (UTC)
Hello Carl, I (D. G. Neree can't get logged in with my normal password. Is it possible to get to the password or change it? It's strange because it's the only pasword i use for DGNeree 188.8.131.52 16:35, 21 December 2007 (UTC)
- I've changed it and sent the new one to you as e-mail. --Carlb 16:53, 21 December 2007 (UTC)
Images from oncyclopedie
Oncyclopedie has a lot of pictures that aren't on Uncommons. Is there a way to transport a lot of images at once? Maybe with export/import? Is there a way to see which pictures are not on uncommons? And what happens when images are double, but have a different name? I can look for the pictures at oncy that i scanned myself, but i have no idea where the others came from mostly. D. G. Neree 20:39, 21 December 2007 (UTC)
- I've copied the images list from nl:special:allpages to afbeelding so that you can see what exists here under the same names. Transferring many images at once would likely require something like the image import script that was used to import en:'s image collection to UnCommons. Using special:import would only import the descriptions, not the images themselves.
- I don't have an easy way to find images where the names are different for the same photo, or detect the use of the same name for different images from one wiki to another. --Carlb 21:01, 21 December 2007 (UTC)
& here too :)
& A HAPPY NEW YEAR!¡!
From all the editors at the Oncyclopedia Neerlandica
Hello Carl, There is a Dutch Frontpage: http://commons.uncyclomedia.org/wiki/Hoofdpagina , but the words in the boxes & buttons are in Portuguese. Is there a way to change that (I guess in mediawiki)? And also: i would like to translate some pages in Dutch. How do i go about doing that? Is the language section in different namespaces? And how is this on Uncyclomedia? Is there a babel-section there?
184.108.40.206 21:28, 9 February 2008 (UTC) D. G. Neree 11:39, 10 February 2008 (UTC)
The language for anonymous users is set in one of the MediaWiki configuration files. The possible ways to change language of the MediaWiki interface are:
- Log in and set the language in your preferences
- Use a URL like http://commons.uncyclomedia.org/wiki/Hoofdpagina?uselang=nl to force one page to display in a different language
- Install MediaWiki on another domain (for instance, http://commons.desciclomidia.org for Português) using the same database but different configuration files.
At the moment, Babel: is not a separate namespace on either Commons or Meta, as Meta has relatively little "content" and Commons is mostly images. The Main Page is translated to Hoofdpagina as just another page in the main namespace.
Would it be worth creating a MediaWiki extension to be able to change automatically to ?uselang=nl on a per-page or per-namespace basis for anonymous users? --Carlb 16:57, 10 February 2008 (UTC)
Thank you for reverting the deletion of my . Without it my signature would just look naked. Having it up here makes it easier for me to work with multiple uncyclopedias, since I don't have to upload the heart separately everywhere. Huge thanks again. Luverly - (Contribs) (Talk) 01:23, 10 Mar
- Having it here won't make it available everywhere, but should at least make it available on fi: ja: nl: pt: zh-tw: and a few others. Not sure why it was deleted. --Carlb 01:30, 10 March 2008 (UTC)
* 22:19, 9 March 2008 Ervinpospisil (Talk | contribs) deleted "User:Luvvy/sig" (content was: 'Luverly - Special:Contributions/Luvvy|<font color=...' (and the only contributor was 'Luvvy'))
* 22:17, 9 March 2008 Ervinpospisil (Talk | contribs) deleted "Image:Heart anim.gif" (bad qualit)
"bad quality"? It's a .gif made for a sig. What do you expect of a 12*13px or something roundabouts image? I guess I'll upload CruiseHeil just to prove my "quality" isn't that poor... I think there may have been an international punch line error there, or alternatively someone having a "bad grasp" of what work goes into animating that wee little heart... Ah well, I'm rambling. Have you voted for me at Uncyc already? (Girl's gotta whore as much as possible, right?) Luverly - (Contribs) (Talk) 01:39, 10 Mar
- Just to ask a quick n00b question, aren't people's user spaces a bit more "safe" from admin edits than the main area? I'm not 100% on this, but the deletion of my sig on sight by an admin seemed a bit like overreacting... Luverly - (Contribs) (Talk) 03:54, 10 Mar
Just a bit more safe, for instance in that it should be possible to safely create a partially-finished article as a subpage of your userpage, then, when you're actually done building it, move it into main space. --Carlb 04:18, 10 March 2008 (UTC)
- So as I thought. I knew more or less that it was like that, but to delete someone's sig when the user has been registered for barely an hour isn't too welcoming, as my edits didn't hurt anyone. I'm still a relatively new user on Uncyc, but I'm not too much of a regular n00b and I learn fast, which someone just might even have noticed, with my name on the main page and all... Ehem, yeah... I'd rather ask in advance than do foolish things. That's why I'm happy to have a lot of "Uncles" at Uncyc helping me out. I have sometimes hit the QVFD button, too, but that's always been in the main area. Though that "and the only contributor was Luvvy" -bit made me laugh for quite a while. It's my signature, it is highly unlikely someone else edits it without me raising a ruckus about it... :) Luverly - (Contribs) (Talk) 05:41, 10 Mar
it's me, the same VITIM from pt. how can I become a UnCommons' sysop?18:29, 31 August 2008 (UTC) whoa, thank you^^! 21:24, 31 August 2008 (UTC)
can I be a sysop for UnCommons? I've more than 2-year sysop experience for wikis, and I guess that you already noticed my work here by the recent changes; please consider. Greetings, Slade [talk] @ 00:38, 6 September 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks for the trust, I'll not disappoint the project. And I was wondering: wikipedia:WP:AWB works here? Slade [talk] @ 01:30, 7 September 2008 (UTC)
I don't think AWB has been tried here, but I see no reason why it would not work. We do run the same MediaWiki software as WP.
- I'll test AWB this week. And I didn't marked the categorie, but yes the template:killquote :) (going to hell to avoid more confusion) Slade [talk] @ 17:16, 8 September 2008 (UTC)
- Hi Carlb.
- I was wondering: uncommons has a welcome template for IP numbers?
- Can you mark User:Maintenance script as a bot? It activity overloads the recent changes. Greets, Slade [talk] @ 16:41, 23 September 2008 (UTC)
I comment here since the UnMeta is down
We just lost edits of five days in Hikipedia. The chaos seems to be on the menu again. Can it be undone? --Pullamössö 18:14, 11 September 2009 (UTC)
Or of six days... May be even more. --Pullamössö 18:15, 11 September 2009 (UTC)
- There is a problem with one of the hard drives on one of the servers. I have restored what I can from backups and put the sites back online, but there is missing data from September 7 through 10 on most of the affected wikis. --Carlb 18:36, 11 September 2009 (UTC)
- So it's gone completely? --Pullamössö 19:17, 11 September 2009 (UTC)
Oh no! Not him again, he follows me everywhere!!!
Yes I'm here! *Carl runs away with his arms in the air* I recently made an account here and D. G. Neree told me that it is recommended that I can be admin on this UnCommons. Erm... can you make me to an admin than? Thanks beforehand | CartoonistHenning 22:03, 4 October 2009 (UTC)
- PS: I love the welcome-template.
I jerked myself off for one houre because of that babe!
- http://uncyclomedia.org/wiki/Report_a_problem#Rollback - I will three days waiting for an answer--Renan Jackson (talk) 15:23, 11 July 2013 (UTC)
You could merge the accounts User:Cardenal Fibber and User:MarceloRenard2 keeping the second account, which is the account to use this wiki. Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 28,524 preppiedits 16:21, 17 April 2016 (UTC)
Hello, I was wanting to ask you something
Você por acaso desativou o site http://malucopedia.org/wiki/Especial:Mudan%C3%A7as_recentes ? Pois ele está a uma semana ou mais off, enquanto as outras plantaformas parecem estar funcionando bem. Dragomaniaco (talk) 11:41, 21 October 2018 (UTC)
Have you accidentally disabled the site http://malucopedia.org/wiki/Especial:Mudan%C3%A7as_recentes ? Well it's a week or so off, while the other planforms seem to be working well. Dragomaniaco (talk) 11:41, 21 October 2018 (UTC)
Is it possible to grant me the CheckUser tools in Uncommons?
Nos ultimos dias eu estou tendo problemas com um vândalo, que vive atacando a mim e a Rhubella Marie, eu já sou Sysop na Uncommons, mas esse vândalo vive burlando o bloqueio modificando o seu IP, então com essa ferramente vai facilitas para, eliminar a faixa de IP dele e assim, impedir que ataque outro usuários.
In the last days I'm having problems with a vandal, who lives attacking me and user: Rhubella Marie, I'm already Sysop in Uncommons, but this vandal is cheating the block by modifying its IP, with this tool will facilitate to, eliminate the IP range of it and thus prevent it from attacking other users. Dragomaniaco (talk) 16:58, 3 July 2019 (UTC)